Gluten Free Banana Muffin Recipe
Gluten Free Banana Muffins
Gluten Free Baking
Enjoy a delicious, fluffy and perfectly sweetened Gluten Free Banana Muffin that tastes NOTHING like those sad pre made gluten-free muffins that you find in-store.
Just because you are eating a gluten free diet, doesn’t mean you need to compromise on yumminess. We did extensive testing and a tonne of Banana Bread eating during the creation of this mix to ensure you’re getting the best banana bread experience.
Our official taste testers even reported that they had no idea it was even gluten free!
If you have been searching for a breakfast or snack option that is grab & go and tasty AF, you’ve come to the right place. (Trust me!)
Did we mention that bananas are packed full of nutrition?
Nope, well they are!
Bananas are extremely healthy & delicious! They’re rich in fibre, antioxidants and several nutrients. They also add a custard-like texture to your baking and overripe bananas are just magic in baking!
Take a tray of sweet treats to your next work meeting, baby shower or any event…
Make some mini banana muffins. Divide the mix into 24 mini muffins and adjust the bake time to 10-15 minutes. A great option to take along where you may have a few guests with gluten allergies or intolerances.
Gluten-Free Banana Muffins are the perfect brekkie choice…
Deciding what to have for breakfast each day and having to cook it can be a bit of a pain sometimes, so why put yourself through that hassle? Save time by baking a sweet batch of these banana muffins, you have breakfast (or snacks) ready to go!
With a recipe that tastes this good and being so easy to make, you will never go back to buying pre-made muffins.
This easy one-bowl recipe comes together in just minutes!
- Muffin Tin lined & ready to go.
- Mixing bowl
- Fork (to mash the bananas)
Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan forced) and prepare a muffin tin with muffin cases and spray lightly with oil.
In a large bowl mash the bananas and combine with eggs & oil
Add your Banana Bread baking mix into the wet ingredients, stir until combined and portion out the mixture evenly into the 12 muffin cases.
Pop into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Check with a skewer, if it pulls out clean, you’re good to go.
Remove the muffins from the oven, place onto a cooling rack. Pop the kettle on and get ready to enjoy!
How to Store & Reheat your Gluten-Free Banana Muffins.
To store: Allow the muffins cool completely, then place them in a container or freezer-safe food bag. Reusable freezer bags like these are perfect! They also have a range of sustainable food bags.
To Freeze: These muffins are freezer-friendly and can hang out in your freezer (-18C) with your mixed veggies and ice cream for up to 3 months. But we all know that they’re not going to last that long 😉
To Reheat: Thaw them out to room temperature before eating or microwave for 30 seconds or until the muffins are warm to the touch and no longer frozen.
What else can you add to these muffins for that extra bit of WOW!
- Berries - Berries will not only add a burst of flavour, but you will also be adding a healthy hit of antioxidants Blueberries, Raspberries, blackberries...etc. Why not mixed berries!
- Choc chips - How good is choc-banana as a flavour combo?! Throw ½ a cup of our premium choc chips into the batter or if you want to drop a little sugar we have our 98% sugar free choc chips for you to add in.
- Nuts - Go nuts! Why not? Adding your favourite nuts is a great way to boost the fibre, protein and healthy fats in your day, and don’t forget extra crunch, which in itself is worth it!! Walnuts or Pecans would taste amazing in these muffins!
- Coffee - Ok, hear me out... Adding 1-2 TB of instant coffee into the batter will give you some extra pep, and the slight bitterness of the coffee with the sweet taste of the muffins works so well, and for an even better combo - Coffee and Walnut Banana Muffins for the ultimate breakfast muffin!!
- Yoghurt: Add a dollop of your favourite protein rich yoghurt on top or perhaps some sweetened ricotta 🤤
- Choc drizzle: Choose your favourite chocolate sauce or spread and drizzle on top of your warm banana muffin, did I hear someone say, Nutella?
- Butter: Let’s keep things simple, cut in half and spread a little butter on each half of your warm muffin and let that just get all melty and delicious… sometimes simple tastes like this are truly the best!!
What about adding in some Vanilla Baking Collagen?
Collagen is that magical stuff that keeps the skin plump and smooth, and it helps keep joints strong, too. Our Vanilla Baking Collagen has been designed specifically for baking and would make your gluten free banana muffins part of your beauty regime. 😉
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use coconut oil in place of olive oil?
Coconut oil becomes firm when refrigerated. If you do use this oil, please let your banana muffin come back to room temperature before eating, or pop in the microwave for 30 seconds.
What sort of olive oil do you use?
We recommend a mild/ light olive oil, as it has a milder flavour. Save that flavoursome cold-pressed olive oil for your delicious salads.
Can I use butter instead of oil?
Oil is what helps these muffins become moist and fluffy. Butter will turn them into firm muffins once they are refrigerated, so it won’t be the best banana muffin experience of your life….and we wouldn’t want that!
Can I make these into vegan-friendly muffins?
Yep, you sure can. Simply swap out the eggs with our Spotty Egg Replacer
So what are you waiting for?
Know someone who is gluten-free? Don’t forget to share this recipe with them!
Happy baking! 😁
Calories 235, Carbs 32.7 grams, Sugar 17.3 grams, Fat 9.9 grams, Saturated Fat 1.7 grams, Protein 3.9 grams, Sodium 147 milligrams